JILL NORGAARD – AZ HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, LD 18
Constitutional principles guide my policy. A commitment to limited government and solid confidence in personal responsibility and the free market is what I offer you as your State Representative in Legislative District 18.
Hello, I am honored to represent the constituents in District 18. While walking the precincts for the last two years, I have talked with and listened to the voters’ concerns and issues. The number one concern is job retention and creation. As an engineer currently working in a high technology industry, I have been able to utilize my leadership skills to sponsor bills that protect small business from excessive state overreach. Arizona is open for business and I have reached out to many leaders to define and focus on business friendly policy.
Professionally, I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering Management and a Masters in Business Administration, have been a Vice President of a major Aerospace/Defense company, and am currently a small business owner. As in business, having the skills to manage, motivate and lead resourceful, productive teams will be the key to success in our State Legislature as we move toward greater prosperity.
Personally, I have been happily married to my husband, Clark, for 31 years. We have three adult children, all college graduates. Education is a priority in our household and in our state. I have enjoyed visiting over 30 schools in our district this term, and have met with School Leadership to craft bills that ease the state overreach in our schools. The restoration of the JTED funding was a highlight of this years’ session. “Take your Teacher to the Legislature Day” was an event I initiated and it has been great to see so many teachers come down to the the capitol. I will continue to poll our educators for ideas on how to make Arizona an academic powerhouse.
I ask for your prayers and support, so that I can continue to represent District 18 in the Arizona House of Representatives.
- State Committeeman
- Current State Representative, District 18
- Precinct Committeeman, previous Captain
- Past Third Vice President Ahwatukee Republican Women
- Elected as Alternate at Large, National Republican Meeting 2012-2014
- Graduate of Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series
- Member, Society of Women in Engineering
- CCNR Member, Ahwatukee Foothills Association 2005-2009
- Lector, CDA Chairperson 2005 – 2008
- Licensed Realtor, State of Arizona (inactive)
- 2015 “Legislative Rookie of the Year”
- 2015 “Champion of the Taxpayer” Recognition
- 2016 Political Rising Star Award
- “Champion of Education” By AZ School Administrators
Masters of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Arizona
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Management, University of North Dakota