Jill Norgaard – AZ House Of Representatives, LD18
It has been a privilege and an honor to represent the constituents in our district over the past four years. My management experience, education, and diplomacy have greatly prepared me for the challenge of sponsoring productive legislation. My primary sponsored bills have focused on: protecting business from state regulatory overreach, the reduction of financial red tape education at the K-12 level, tax reform, upgrade and enhance cities' bond ratings, and developing a comprehensive solution to education funding, starting with our recent teacher pay increase initiative. My bills have received bipartisan support.
My community outreach efforts have included initiating the first “Take Your Teacher to the Legislature Day”, hosting business group tours at the Capitol, volunteer teaching in our district schools and the launching of a pre-school pilot program to screen students with dyslexia, an effort that we have forged with the ASU graduate students.
Professionally, I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering Management and a Masters in Business Administration, have been a Vice President of a major Aerospace/Defense company, and a former small business owner. With over 30 years in the Aerospace industry, I currently am the State Co-Chair of the Aerospace States Association, working to grow and showcase that industry in Arizona.
I am humbled by your continued and generous support. I have enjoyed meeting and listening to constituents while visiting over 50 schools and businesses. My husband of 33 years and I raised our three adult children here and have been blessed by the wonderful community and great district schools. It is my sincere hope to earn your trust and your vote so that I may continue representing you. /p>
- BS Engineering Management
- Masters in Business Administration
- Current State Republican Representative
- Past Third Vice President Ahwatukee Republican Women
- Elected as Alternate at Large, National Republican Meeting 2012-2014
- Graduate of Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series
- CCNR Member, Ahwatukee Foothills Association 2005-2009
- Licensed Realtor, State of Arizona (inactive)
- “Champion of Education” by AZ School Administrators
- 2018 Legislator of the Year - AZ Retailers
- 2015 Legislative Rookie of the Year
- 2016 Political Rising Star Recognition
- 2016 Friend of the Family Award
- 2017 Friend of the League of Cities and Towns
Masters of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Arizona
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Management, University of North Dakota