Jill Norgaard – AZ House Of Representatives, LD18
It has been a privilege and an honor to represent the constituents in our district. During the past four years, I have enjoyed visiting over 40 schools and businesses. My management experience, education, and diplomacy have greatly prepared me for the challenge of sponsoring productive legislation. My primary sponsored bills have focused on: protecting business from state regulatory overreach, the reduction of financial red tape education at the K-12 level, tax reform, upgrade and enhance cities' bond ratings, the restoration of Joint Technical Education District funding and the teacher pay increase initiative. My bills received bipartisan support.
My community outreach efforts have included initiating the first “Take Your Teacher to the Legislature Day”, hosting business group tours at the Capitol, volunteer teaching in our district schools and the launching of a pre-school pilot program to screen students with dyslexia, the first of its kind.
Professionally, I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering Management and a Masters in Business Administration, have been a Vice President of a major Aerospace/Defense company, and a former small business owner. As in business, having the skills to manage, motivate and lead resourceful, productive teams are keys to success in our State Legislature as we move toward greater prosperity.
I am humbled by your continued and generous support. My husband of 33 years and our three adult children are my biggest fans and greatest accomplishments. While seeking re-election to the AZ House, it is my sincere hope to earn your trust and your vote so that I may continue representing you.
- BS Engineering Management
- Masters in Business Administration
- Current State Representative
- Past Third Vice President Ahwatukee Republican Women
- Elected as Alternate at Large, National Republican Meeting 2012-2014
- Graduate of Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series
- Member, Society of Women in Engineering
- CCNR Member, Ahwatukee Foothills Association 2005-2009
- Licensed Realtor, State of Arizona (inactive)
- “Champion of Education” by AZ School Administrators
- 2015 ‘Champion of the Taxpayer’ Recognition
- 2015 Legislative Rookie of the Year
- 2016 Political Rising Star Recognition
- 2016 Friend of the Family Award
- 2017 Friend of the League of Cities and Towns
Masters of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Arizona
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Management, University of North Dakota